Who we are
Orange Grove is an incubator and network community empowering innovative entrepreneurs in Greece
It is an initiative of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Athens, operated by the non-profit Ithaca and financially supported by Greek-Dutch businesses and local charity foundations.
The project is a result of broad community support, university affiliations, highly committed mentor networks and supportive sponsors and partners. All of them committed to help young entrepreneurs turn their idea into a profitable, or at least self-sustaining business through special programmes focusing on mentoring, coaching, education and networking.
Orange Grove opened its doors in September 2013. It now operates two offices in Athens and Patras, from where it provides nationwide support to startups and innovative SMEs around the country.
Why we do what we do
Orange Grove is built on the following pillars:
- Support startups & innovative SMEs by providing access to unique expertise and international networks, in order to grow successful businesses and create job positions in Greece,
- Facilitate the exchange of best practices with the aim to foster two-way brain mobility,
- Promote entrepreneurship & knowledge sharing and nurture innovation,
- Encourage an open, transparent and cooperative business environment,
- Strengthen & diversify local startup ecosystems and connect them to their international counterparts.
What we offer
In an environment that is conducive to growth, Orange Grove tries to turn new entrepreneurs into confident startup community members, and business ideas into established companies, through the following services:
- Participants in Orange Grove have the opportunity to attend 6-month incubation programmes and shorter intensive training programmes (vertical or horizontal) on entrepreneurship and innovation. Orange Grove’s programmes and trainings include bootcamps, workshops, lectures and 1:1s that are tailored to their needs and delivered by acclaimed international and Greek speakers & trainers. They are coached and mentored by experienced professionals and have access to services from a large international pool of volunteer mentors, coaches and advisors, as well as dedicated Entrepreneurs in Residence. These professionals share their entrepreneurial know-how and provide guidance on how to deal with various issues new entrepreneurs may face.
- The training programme is conducted in cooperation with our international knowledge partners, mainly leading universities and startup organizations in the Netherlands, and advisors in critical posts in international startup ecosystems around the world.
- Orange Grove offers participants access to a valuable network: the network of its mentors & experts, partners, donors/sponsors, the network of the Netherlands Embassy and much more. They are also offered connections with potential investors, media who provide them with visibility and important contacts met during the numerous open and closed events of Orange Grove. Through these networks, Orange Grove creates bridges with the local and international markets.
Orange Grove, as a non-profit initiative, has only been possible through the generous in-kind and financial support by its volunteer network of mentors – coaches – advisors and its valuable sponsors and donors.