Who we are
Orange Grove is a flexible co-working space and network community for young entrepreneurs in Greece
We are a renowned initiative of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Athens, financially supported by Dutch-Greek businesses and grant-making foundations active in Greece, and a result of broad community support, university affiliations, highly committed mentor networks and dedicated sponsors, donors, contributors and partners.
Why we do what we do
Orange Grove opened its doors in September 2013 as a way to promote entrepreneurship and
We contribute to reducing Greek youth unemployment, turn brain drain into 2-way brain mobility, counter negative stereotyping between northern and southern European countries and support the creation of a local startup ecosystem while connecting it to its international counterparts.
What we offer
Once selected, entrepreneurs receive support from Orange Grove in various ways:
• Flexible Office Space with all-day access, free wifi, coffee and beer and all office amenities;
• A chance to participate at competitions we organize with amazing prizes. Past competitions include “The Squeeze” pitching competitions, with €15.000 and €10.000 money prizes;
• Mentoring, Coaching and Consulting, tailor-made to the startups’ needs;
• Seminars & Workshops with acclaimed speakers from all over the world;
• Entrepreneur in Residence sharing expertise and experience (service provided only on selected periods of time);
• Unique Bootcamps in cooperation with Dutch and Greek universities;
• Networking Opportunities on a national and international level;
• Legal and Accounting business support services.
Our mentoring and coaching programs
Each startup is matched with a mentor and coach that offer guidance throughout the startup’s membership at Orange Grove
The mentors and coaches are dedicated to sharing their networks, as well as their valuable experience and expertise, and usually operate in the same field or industry as the startup.
The mentor and coach meet with their startups, on average, about half a day per month but, depending on the availability and need for support, this can vary and be agreed upon as it suits each party. Whereas mentors provide the startup with specific business and strategy advice, the coach, on the other hand, covers the development of soft skills including pitching, team dynamics and business ethics, also essential for the success of the startups and the development of its members.
The Orange Grove mentors and coaches are volunteers who are passionate about sharing their expertise and it is noteworthy that most of them get so excited about the startups they mentor or coach that they become their strongest evangelist and supporter.
Consulting, legal & accounting services and the Entrepreneur in Residence
Orange Grove mentors and coaches are also available as advisors for one-off meetings concerning
specific topics or specialized knowledge
In general, startups can meet with anyone in the network of Orange Grove or the Netherlands Embassy, as well as with accountants and lawyers who have consulting hours for free and offer extended services at special rates for Orange Grove startups.
A new addition to the services provided is the rotating Entrepreneur in Residence program, where an international business professional works for a few months from Orange Grove, offering intensive support to startups concerning all kinds of issues. Find out more about our Entrepreneurs in Residence here.